Spiced Kerala Vinaigrette
- 1 kg Grapeseed oil
- 120 g Shallots, thinly sliced
- 60 g Dry chipotle chilies
- 35 g Coriander seeds, toasted
- 30 g Dry red chilies
- 30 g Star anise
- 20 g Ginger, sliced
- 20 g Black peppercorns
- 20 g Cinnamon, toasted and crushed
- 10 g Allspice berries
- 5 g Cloves
- 2 each Bay Leaf
- 5 g Nutmeg, crushed
- Sugar cane vinegar to taste
- Tamarind concentrate to taste
- Lime juice to taste
- Combine and place in mason jars and cook for 24 hours at 70C/ 158F.
- Cool and strain.
- Season and serve with crispy squid
Recipe Credit: Chef Maxime Bilet
Published wtih permission of the author. All rights reserved.