GREAT Kitchens is an online multimedia course for chefs, foodservice managers and waitstaff. Included with the program are tools to educate front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house staff on safe gluten-free food handling.
GREAT Schools, Colleges and Camps prepares dining hall directors, managers and staff with the knowledge and tools needed to offer gluten-free options in the cafeteria or dining hall.
Take advantage of a loyal and growing customer base by gaining awareness of gluten-free needs, bringing in proper supplies and using caution to prevent cross-contact.
Benefits of GREAT Kitchens training include:
- Learn where gluten can be hidden in ingredients so you can responsibly serve your guests.
- Learn about how to keep gluten from coming into contact with gluten-free dishes.
- Develop confidence in communicating with your gluten-free guests.
- Align front-of-the-house and back-of-the-house processes.
- Access 98-page training manual which includes a comprehensive Appendix containing recipes, training tools and a bonus allergen supplement.
- Receive continuing education credit from the American Culinary Federation or the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Gain confidence that your employees understand the concepts required to serve gluten-free guests appropriately through a comprehensive exam that enables them to print out a certificate of completion.
- Be affiliated with and recognized by Beyond Celiac, an industry leader that will drive credibility.
- See your operation listed on www.BeyondCeliac.org, the number one site for celiac disease and gluten sensitivity information. Your operation will also be listed on gluten-free travel sites and mobile applications (GREAT Kitchens receive increased views and directions downloads).
- Receive publicity and social media shout outs.
- Access marketing tools for your website, menu and a decal for your door.
Already took GREAT Kitchens?
Learn how to apply for accreditation and start the process by completing the first section of the GREAT Accreditation Application here.