- 2-3 cups (when dry) (thick) Poha (flattened rice)
- A pinch asafoetida
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1-2 green chilies (chopped small)
- 1 onion (small dice)
- 1/2 cup peanuts or cashews
- 3/4 tsp. turmeric
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (chopped) for garnish
- Fresh lemon (to squeeze at end)
- Rinse the Poha and drain in a colander.
- Heat oil in a pan Season with asafoetida, then mustard seeds. As soon as they crackle, add diced onion and green chilies. Fry until translucent.
- Add turmeric and curry leaves once onions are done. Add nuts.
- Add Poha and salt and mix thoroughly. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro and lemon juice (or lime juice) before serving.