- 1 1b. ground beef
- 4 oz. onion, chopped
- 2 oz. tomato, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Thai chili, chopped
- 1 tsp. coriander seed
- 1 tsp.chili powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 1 cup roasted Portobello mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. tomato powder
- 2 Tbsp. grape seed oil
- 1 cup tapioca flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine beef, spices, tomato, cilantro, tapioca flakes, and mushrooms in a large bowl. Massage well to combine. Form into small 2” meatballs.
- Pour oil into skillet and heat oil to medium heat. Sprinkle meatballs with salt and fry meatballs over medium heat turning to brown on all sides. Don’t crowd meatballs when frying.
- Remove to plate to drain on paper towels. Serve on top of lentil crepe and top with onion and coconut gravy.
Recipe Credit: Chef Jehangir Mehta
Published with permission of the author. All rights reserved.