Classic Gluten-Free Pecan Pie
Makes 4 pies
Bake Time: 50 to 55 minutes
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 lbs. (4 cups) sugar
- 32 fluid oz. (1 quart) Karo® Light Corn Syrup OR Karo® Dark Corn Syrup
- 4 oz. (1/2 cup) butter OR margarine, melted
- 4 tsp. Durkee® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 lbs. (6 cups) pecans
- 4 (9-inch) unbaked deep-dish regular OR gluten-free pie crusts
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly beat eggs in a large mixer bowl. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter and vanilla; beat until blended. Pour filling into pie crusts. Spread 6 oz. or 1-1/2 cups of pecans evenly over top of pie. Bake 50 to 55 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Store pies in refrigerator.
Recipe Tips: Pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with gluten-free cooking spray before placing pie crust in pan. If pie crust is overbrowning, cover edges with foil.