Chocolate Mousse Cake
Courtesy of Argo Foodservice
Makes 3 cakes
Bake Time: 35 to 40 minutes
- 1-1/2 lbs. gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 lb. butter OR margarine
- 15 oz. egg whites
- 5 oz. sugar
- 8 oz. egg yolks
- 1-1/2 oz. (1/4 cup) Argo® Corn Starch
- 2 tsp. Durkee® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Powdered sugar for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Spray three 9-inch round cake pans with gluten-free cooking spray. Lightly dust with additional corn starch.
- Combine chocolate and butter in large saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, just until chocolate melts. Pour into large mixing bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg whites in large mixer at high speed. Gradually add sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Stir egg yolks into chocolate mixture; add corn starch and vanilla. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture until thoroughly blended. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cakes are set. Remove from oven and run a knife around the edge of each pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Drizzle with chocolate, caramel or a favorite fruit sauce. Or serve with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries.