Chicken and Corn Chowder
Courtesy of Argo Foodservice
Makes 6 servings
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 5 slices bacon
- 3/4 lb. (12 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (any color)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 can (14-3/4 oz.) gluten-free cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. Durkee® Regular Ground Black Pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook bacon in a large pot over medium heat until browned and crisp; drain on paper towels and crumble when cool enough to handle. Reserve 2 Tbsp. bacon drippings.
- Sauté chicken, onion, bell pepper and garlic in hot bacon drippings; cook 3 to 5 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and onion begins to soften. Add chicken broth, frozen corn and cream-style corn. Combine corn starch with milk and stir into soup.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add salt, pepper and cheese; stir until cheese is melted.
- Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle bacon over individual servings.