Cayenne Crusted Coconut Chicken
Courtesy of Argo Foodservice
Makes 6 servings
Deep Fry Time: 2 to 3 minutes
Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Durkee® Crushed Red Pepper
Cayenne Coconut Crusted Chicken Ingredients:
- 1-1/2 lbs. chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1 tsp. Durkee® Cayenne Pepper
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. Durkee® Ground Black Pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Oil for deep frying
- Combine all dipping sauce ingredients in saucepan; heat through. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Mix corn starch, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper in shallow bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in medium size mixing bowl until frothy.
- Place coconut in a shallow bowl.
- Dredge chicken tenders in corn starch mixture; shake off excess. Dip chicken in egg whites, then press chicken into coconut. Turn over and press into coconut again to coat both sides.
- Heat deep fat fryer to 350°F. Add chicken to the hot oil in batches. Deep fry until cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Serve hot with Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce.
Gluten-Free Tip: Make sure to fry the chicken strips in oil that is only used for gluten-free foods.