- 150 g water
- 120 g apple cider
- 100 g potato vodka
- 0.25% of total weight of liquids guar gum (LT)
- 0.1%of total weight of liquids alginate
- 500 g tapioca starch
- 500 g potato starch
- 15 g baking powder
- 10 g salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon, toasted and microplaned
- Vanilla bean, seeds removed from 1 bean
- Blend in the thickeners. Combine the liquids and blend in the thickeners with a hand held immersion blender until fully homogenous.
- Dry blend the starches. Sift the starches, baking powder and salt.
- Combine. Fold the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and lightly stir in the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Fry. Lightly coat the custard cubes in some additional tapioca starch. Dip into the batter and deep fry for 1.5 minutes 190C / 375F oil.
Recipe Credit: Chef Maxime Bilet
Published with permission of the author. All rights reserved.