Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
Courtesy of Argo Foodservice
Makes 12 servings
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 8 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 2/3 cup (4 oz.) wild rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Argo Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 tsp. Durkee Poultry Seasoning
- 2 cups cooked and chopped turkey (chicken can also be used)
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 4 oz. Swiss cheese, sliced OR shredded
- 1/4 cup sherry (optional)
- Sauté onion, celery and carrots in olive oil in a large pot over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Stir in chicken broth and wild rice; simmer for 45 minutes.
- Combine water and corn starch in small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture into soup pot.
- Continue cooking until soup thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add poultry seasoning, turkey, milk and cheese.
- Heat an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Stir in sherry, if desired.