Asian Layered Dip
Courtesy of Argo Foodservice
Makes: 12 servings
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Cool Time: 30 minutes
Asian Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp. Argo® Corn Starch
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Durkee® Ground Ginger
- 1/ 2 tsp. Durkee® Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp. Durkee® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1-1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. rice vinegar
Dip Layers Ingredients:
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup cooked small shrimp OR finely chopped chicken
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Stir corn starch, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper together in a small saucepan. Add corn syrup, soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil and rice vinegar; stir well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Heat until mixture boils for 1 full minute. Remove from heat and let cool for 30 minutes.
- To assemble dip, spread cream cheese on a serving platter with a raised lip. Drizzle with Asian Sauce. Sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese, edamame, carrots, shrimp, green onions and cilantro. Serve with crackers or mini rice cakes.
Gluten Free Modifications: Make sure to use a gluten-free soy sauce.